Saturday, April 28, 2007

Getting Ready

So, after a busy week, it's finally here. It's now 6:30 in the morning on the day I leave for El Salvador for the summer. After being up all night doing some cleaning, enjoying some good conversation with good friends, and, OF COURSE, packing I think I'm just about ready to go...think has to be the operative word. It's always a little nerve-wracking to go on a trip because personally, I always feel like I'm forgetting something or forgetting to do something. At this point, because I'm going to be gone for so long, forgetting to do something is pretty critical. The nice thing is now I know that going to El Salvador isn't falling off the end of the earth. I will have phone access, internet access, and pretty much the ability to buy anything that I have forgotten...so that should be fine.
I have to admit I have had a flurry of emotions in the past few days. Everything from EXTREME excitement to go back and see friends and loved ones that I was honestly a little skeptical that I would ever see again...absolute TERROR about the idea that I'm going to be in charge of a bunch of volunteers and have a lot to do with whether or not their volunteer opportunity was something they felt was worthwhile...to everything in between. With a lot of work, saying goodbyes, and not a whole lot of sleep, I get ready to jump into this next phase of my life. While I know it's only going to be a little over 4 months, I do know it will be a significant phase.


Thursday and yesterday I had the opportunity to graduate...and I know, it's about time. I guess I just like to take my sweet time to get things done huh? But, here we are. BS in Recreation Management with an emphasis in Youth Leadership. It's a good major, not sure if I'll work in that field or not, but I enjoyed the major.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, again, Rachel!

And welcome to the blogosphere. I look forward to reading about and seeing photos of your time down south.

If you want updates from us, here is my blog: http://cyninge.blogspot.com.

Have fun!

DaveandLis said...

Rachel,

We wanted to let you know that we had our baby today at 3:36 pm He is 8lbs 5 ounces, and 19"s long. We don't have a name yet, but He and his mom are doing great.

David