Monday, May 21, 2007

Just a few photos...







So, things have been wonderful and busy and great and tiring and everything all wrapped up in one. I love it here, but every day is hard at the same time. We started working at a new place. It's a lot like CISNA, the school for boys except it's for girls. They have a bunch of girls that have had kids that are there, and a bunch of abandoned kids. I've fallen in love with the kids in the pre-school. BUT, I'm making a call to arms. Anyone that can think of ANY activity for 12 pre-schoolers that are OUT OF CONTROL, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send them my way. Coloring books will only keep them occupied for so long.
So...we have the group at the falls of Juayua, then there's me and Daniel, the little boy whose family we helped build on their house with Habitat...and then there are my little adorable deamons who crave love and attention...and ACTIVITIES!! I'll send more later! Love you all!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Rachel- what are your limitations? I will start brainstorming, but limitations are good to know. Right off the bat though the first thing I thought was with my little active- ACTIVE guys, they loved and worked best when we were doing hands on projects together- building, digging, painting, etc. Do you have blocks? If you had some bigger blocks you could "build" a house or a market place- some thing that is in their schema and let their imaginations take over- you might have to "teach" them to pretend in that way, but in my experience that is SO fun and can take time and is SO fun. Did I mention that I thought it was fun?

Cat said...

Oh- one more thing. If you don't have blocks do you have anything that could replace them- or could we get you some and send them via someone?
Catherine