Monday, June 25, 2007

Adoption information

OK...those of you that I have owed emails to...I'm sorry it has been a long time coming. It is something that I'm definitely working on. And there definitely is a need.

I spoke with a woman by the name of Licensiada Geraldine Figueroa who is the coordinator of the National Adoptions office in El Salvador and she gave me a web site. The web site she gave me is www.pgr.gob.sv and then she told me to go to servicios and then to opa. I have tried that and my mom has tried that and that site doesn't work. I did a google search and it pulled up www.pgr.gob.sv/opa.htm and that also didn't work. I do have her email address and have emailed her to ask her if the site has changed. I will also work on the regulations and translate them into English. BUT, the basic thing that needs to be done is to get a lawyer (here in El Salvador is preferable), meet the basic criteria (which I'm working on) and the government doesn't charge anything for adoptions nor the paperwork...just the lawyers do. I am in the process of contacting friends that I have here that have lawyer friends or connections to talk with them about finding a lawyer that specializes in adoptions. I will keep people updated on the information that I find. I will keep looking for the site too.

Also, if anyone wants, you can call the adoptions office directly at 011 503 2231 9300. Geraldine is working there for the next few weeks and then will be transferred to another branch of the government, but I plan to go back in to meet the new director so I can keep close with them and know what needs to be done so these little ones can get a loving home! I will be dedicated! I promise. I will also work on getting other pictures up of other little babies. Anyone that knows anyone that wants to adopt, refer them to me, I'll help gladly!

Also, I just found this site. http://www.coraenlared.org/fichapaises/docs/EL_SALVADOR.pdf
Try getting it translated by going to www.altavist.com and then putting the website in the field that says "translate this web-site" I just found it and haven't been able to look at it and the cafe is closing so I'm not sure what it has...hope it helps. I'll look at it too.

No comments: